Friday, July 27, 2007

I'm a Big Kid NOW



So on July 12th 2007 we decided that it was time for Ethan to be "a Big Kid" and started the whole potty training. Let me tell you that first day I thought I was going to die. Not a good idea to try to potty train while in your last trimester in the HOT summer. Well anyway we first tried the pull ups because I didn't want to clean up accidents of the couch, chairs, etc. however as the day progress it was apparent that Ethan knew that the pull ups were like swimming diapers and he knew he could do his business in the pull ups, so he would not go in the potty chair but would wait until he had his pull ups on. By the afternoon I was so frustrated I put him back in diapers(Becuase pull ups are not cheap) and said we will start again tomorrow. Well tomorrow came and the pull ups went on and still no success so I said fine, that is it you are going naked. So off came the pull ups and he ran around naked and he actually went by himself in the potty chair. From then on we have had much success. We still have an occasional accident but for the most part Ethan is a BIG KID NOW!!!


1 comment:

Mandy said...

ethan looks so much like a big boy. i cant believe he is wearing big boy underwear!! yeah ethan for being a bug boy. so what is on his big boy chart? how does that work? i need some pointers. :)